Friday, October 2, 2009

#6- My mug tells me I'm fabulous


This is why I am a total nerd: I love making word collages.

It's true; I'm twenty-two and I love clipping out words from magazines and pasting them on to a piece of paper. This summer during camp I got way in to cutting words from newspapers, gluing them down and then painting over them with bright colored paint. It looks so cool.

Anyway, tonight I completed a new, super nerdy collage. And I must say, it is pretty sweet. Yesterday at Starbucks I purchased a new mug or 'tumbler,' and although I felt it was made for crazy middle-aged moms, I chose the "design-your-own" mug. You take out the paper lining and cover it with pictures of your dog at the beach or your kid's graduation.

I covered mine with words clipped from the October issue of "Cosmopolitan"; hottest, sexy, fearless, fun, perfection, delicious, love, better, diva, passion, creative, crazy, beauty, sister, radiance, fierce, bitch, insane, strong... The list goes on.

They are words that I think describe me, sometimes describe me or I would like to describe me. And suddenly my mug is a source of self-confidence. I can hold it in the palm of my hand and carry it with me every day. My mug is an embodiment of this blog; affirmations all the time. When I look at it I'm proud of the kick-ass job I did, and I feel great because of the positive phrases in front of my eyes. It's an amazing gift I have given myself.

If you have the time, the patience, and the twelve bucks, I recommend making one of these mugs for yourself. Paste pictures, paste words, paste fall leaves; paste whatever makes you happy. Buy some great tasting teas, brew your own coffee and enjoy.

Who says an inanimate object can't give you compliments? My mug tells me I'm fabulous. It is the perfect way to start my day.

1 comment: